Friday, February 1, 2013

It's A Wonderful Life!

Good Friday evening!
Today was a very, very cold day in Chicago but my heart was warmed because I was at home all day! I took a day off to catch up with life and just relax. I started with a hot cup of Starbucks coffee! Life is good! My list of chores for today was long but suffice to say I accomplished a lot of the things I really needed to do to relax and be comfortable. I was also able to make a nice dinner for all of us, including Joanne, and that makes me happy!

I am also happy to report that I lost 2 lbs this week and have now lost 19.8 lbs! Yeah!!! I have to go shopping to buy some new clothes because mine are all too big and baggy! It was a good feeling to be able to fit into some of my "tight" clothes but now those "tight" clothes are too big. I'm not bragging but I am so happy to be losing weight. My doctor will be very happy when I see him next month. He told me it would be a good idea to lose at least 20 lbs to decrease my risk of diabetes. I am in the "zone" and hope to stay there!

One of the things I wanted to do today was complete the Valentine's Day basket for David and Joanne (mostly for Joanne!) Here is a picture of it. I'm anxious to give it to them (her) but am not sure when to do it. I'll probably try to wait until Monday next week! : ) I also got a beautiful card "To Son and The One He Loves." So cute! It's so much fun to have a female to give things to!

I was excited because David asked me to make a hat for him. He gave me a picture of the color he wanted. Brigitte and I searched Woolly Lamb Yarn Studio  for something that would fit the bill and we found it. The yarn was very soft and exactly the color he wanted. Here is a picture of the hat but the lighting isn't that great. You have to understand that there was only one chance to get this picture. David went from a toddler who would smile if he saw a camera sitting on the table to now an adult who doesn't let his Mother get more than one shot at a pic!



I took a knitting book out of the library today; Son of Stitch 'n Bitch. It's a book of knitting and crocheting patterns for men. David looked through it and picked out a few things he'd like. I also found a few things I thought would make nice gifts. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this one from Amazon!

Tonight I think I'll start another pair of boot toppers. This time the color will be grey and black. The cables will be in the grey to better define them. They may go to a sweet baby girl I held while she was baptized many years ago! I'm also making a purple hat for someone else! : ) So many projects and so little time!

Well, stay warm and enjoy the weekend. I know I will - Sunday is the Super Bowl party at Woolly Lamb. It has nothing to do with the Super Bowl; just a reason to get together and party!


No comments: