Sunday, July 1, 2012

Monday, Monday

I had a great weekend but wasn't as productive as I was last weekend. I really pushed myself last week and got a lot done. This weekend we went to bring Gregory back home on Saturday so that took up most of the day but I was happy to do it. I was proud of him because he's taken such good care of the apartment. It was very clean and neat! He even ate almost all his food so there's nothing sitting around for the next month.

Today I had a goal to finish the baby hat I have been working on. For such a tiny hat, it was a monster to do! It's done...
Baby hat all done!

Now I'm working on the socks. I can't wait to get one completed and post the picture. Now I just need a sweet baby girl to give this to! I also want to start another one but in a blue/brown color.

I was able to at least cut out the pattern for my apron today. I quickly realized how much I forgot about cutting patterns out when I started. Everything did come back to me gradually and I remembered that I didn't really like sewing! I do like quilting because it's much different from cutting out patterns, etc. Not sure why I feel that way?  Oh well. Good thing it's just a small apron. I still need to make the other curtains for my kitchen but just didn't have time today.

Of course, I did a lot of laundry and ironing today. I found several nice cool outfits hanging on my "extra closet" in the basement. I totally forgot about them and it was like I went shopping and found some nice summer clothes. It's going to be a very hot week so I'm glad I found some new clothes.

Well, back to work tomorrow! It's hard to believe that the dreaded monthly report has once again reared it's ugly head! Oh well, I own it now and have great help. At least we have a day off this week.

I'm also looking forward to going to see Magic Mike with the knitting ladies this week. It seems like a great chick flick! Gregory refused to go to see it with me! (Wonder why?) Then we're having a bar-b-que on Wednesday!

Have a great week!


1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear Colleen,how are you?I hope you feel good although today start your monthly Report at Work.You get it i am sure.How so you can live with the amazing Heat in Chicago in this Days?The Baby Hat is really so cute,good Work,i like it!Last we get a surprise Package from Brigitte with T-Shirts.In red and blue and they are very nice.They are too large for me so Thomas has now 2,but this is no Problem for me.I am glad Thomas has now 2 and he is so proud to wear it.On the Tshirts is written America 1776 and wie know on wednesday is your national Holiday independence Day.I wish we could be with you at the barbeque.Is your Day off this week on wednesday?I will send you a picture with Thomas and his new Shirt.Done.Our last Days were hot too but today is the sky grey again and its raining all the Time.The best One is you can better sleep in the Night!Thomas has a week Off this week and can relax a little Bit.He Need a small Break.I miss you!I wish you a nice national Holiday on wednesday and please send me a picture from your Barbeque.Thank you.I send you many Love and Hugs,your Friend Mandy