Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Heat Wave is Almost Over!

Today is another hot, hot day but there's hope; we may have a "cool" day tomorrow with 85 degrees! Yeah, we'll be able to breath again outside! Let's hope this is the end of the hot weather.

Outside of apron.

We had a great Fourth of July! I worked on my apron and have it almost all finished. I have a bit of hand sewing and then I just need to top stitch it. I have to check with my quilting friend Eunice for the best way to do that. It's a reversible apron with, of course, chickens and roosters! I have to match my curtains don't I? I actually still need to do another panel for the window over the sink. Maybe I'll get that done tomorrow. Here is the apron, outside and inside.


Reverse side of apron.
Now all I need to do is cook! These may make nice Christmas gifts! : ) They aren't too difficult to make.

Ro's American Flag Sheet Cookie.


Here are some pictures from our Fourth of July cookout at Ro's house. Luckily we were able to stay in the house and stay cool and well fed! There was so much good food we couldn't eat it all! Ro made a delicious American Flag cookie sheet and it tasted as good as it looks! Here is a picture of her proudly holding it up for the camera. It was so nice to be with our knitting friends, their spouses, and Ro's family. We watched fireworks and laughed and had a great time.





Little Bianca.
We even had our Knit Shop Doggie, Bianca with us. She loves to lay on Daddy's legs and cool her belly. She is Daddy's girl for sure and very much loved. She is a wonderful little girl. We heard Daddy bought her a little doggie stroller so they can take walks. She also loves to play at the doggie park. Could she be any cuter?  She is a very lucky dog because Mommy and Daddy rescued her from a very tough life. I think she may feel like she died and went to heaven living with Liz and Tony!

Don't you love her posing for the camera?










Unfortunately with the good times, come the bad times. One of our dear knitting friends just lost her sister unexpectedly. It was a shock to her and is very difficult to understand why something like this can happen. We are all there for her and pray for her and her family.

We are also praying for another knitting friend's husband. He is in the hospital but not sure what's wrong. When it rains, it pours.

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone.


1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear Colleen,at first we pray for the husband from Sue.And my Thoughts are now at Gladys.I can not find the right Words for this sad Situation but we feel with her and so sorry,if i could help so let me know this.Please say her from us we are thinking to her and we hope she find the Power to find new Courage to live.Now to you thank you so much for sharing this wonderful pics.I love your apron,he looks great and i am sure it must be fun to cook with it.And Ros Cake is great too,how was his taste?But the greatest is my favorite Dog Bianca.She is the cutest one of the World.I was so loud laughing if i saw this cute Pic of her.Fantastic!!!Its nice for me to know you all had a great 4th July with a lot of to eat and Fun.How feel you my dear Friend,bad mothly Report is History for a While?I send many hugs to you and Gladys and hope she can feel our Condolence unfortunately,even if we live so many Miles away.But a special kiss only for you from your friend Mandy