Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Has It Really Been 11 Days?

Hello all,
I can't believe I haven't posted on this blog in 11 days. Either I'm very busy or very lazy...you can judge!

I have been busy knitting, ready, and sewing lately. I finally finished the last panel for the kitchen windows. I must say they are lovely and make me smile every time I see them! Here is the last panel in the chicken/rooster pattern to complement to other window panel:
This is the newest panel over the sink.

This is a close-up of the pattern.

This is a reminder of the first panel.
 The other one complements the inserts - clever, aren't I!





This is the turquoise Maggie Shawl I'm working on now. I counted up all the projects I have to complete and it totalled 20! I couldn't believe I have 20 WIPs (works in progress) including the above mentioned shawl. Maybe I should complete some? I guess it's just a case of start-i-tis as The Yarn Harlot says.


I just finished a great but sad book by Danielle Steel. It's His Bright Light and is about her second child, Nick. He is a very troubled child and the story tells about his tragic life and how much she tried to help him. He does commit suicide and it's very sad but worth a read.

Well, it's off to work I go once again. I'm glad I had a moment to blog a bit. 










1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi Colleen,i am so glad too you blog again,thats make me happy.I have already done a bit of care it is something happening with you.But now where i can read you was very busy orr lazy i know all is good with you.Thanks God although i do not believe in him:)).Wow 20 WIPs are really many but i am sure you get sometime.The Pics are very nice and now i want know from you can you cook now easier with so many chicken support?You can be proud again for this nice Work and i understand you very much why its make you smile every Time you see them.This is not something that everyone has and i like that.Our Cowndown for Chicago is starting now and we are so excited with every Fiber of our Body.Love Mandy