Monday, August 6, 2012

It's Been A Long Time!!!

Can't explain why I haven't posted. Suffice it to say I really had nothing to say!

I've been reading up a storm lately and really enjoying all the books I've read. I just finished a great book by Jude Devereaux; Lavender Morning. I really enjoyed it and got the second book of the series; Days of Gold. It's so wonderful going to the library and getting as many books as I want. I'm like a kid in the candy story. I think I've read 1 1/2 books every week for the last two months. I do miss reading on my Kindle but the library books are free! I've also been getting movies from the library. The last one I got was 21 Jump Street. I laughed and really enjoyed it.

I haven't been watching too much of the Olympics. Mostly just the gymnastics. I really enjoy seeing the ladies do their routines. I actually prefer the winter Olympics with the ice skating, ice dancing, etc. As I said, I have been reading a lot and doing some knitting. We knitters at Woolly Lamb are doing a charity knitting project. It's a scarf and a hat for a Debbie Macomber charity. We'll knit them and Brigitte will mail them off. I'm 2/3 done with the scarf and plan to finish it this week and work on the hat over the weekend.

Yesterday, I went to a quilting class at Quilter's Destination in Arlington Heights. We made the top of a Halloween table runner (right.) It was a very intense class but I got the whole thing done and it looks great! Gregory is holding it for me. It's hard to see it but I was too lazy to clean off the dining room table and lay it out.


You get the idea. I am so in love with quilting. I should say I'm in love with making quilt tops; quilting them once they're complete, not so much. It's not that I don't like doing it, it's just that I don't have the artistic talent to do a fun pattern. I think I need a new sewing machine with different stitches....sorry Tom! : )  I hope to get this one and the other top I finished (left) before Halloween.

Looking very forward to the upcoming visit of my dear friends from Germany; Mandy and Thomas. We have never met but are the best of friends! I can't wait to see them and give them both a big hug! I think they will have so much fun in Chicago!
Well, I guess that's it for now. I need to get to knitting on the scarf for a bit. It's already 8:00 now - can't believe how fast the time goes when you're at home!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear Colleen,i am happy you post again and you write so nice Words about me and Thomas,thank you ww are very proud to have you as our Friend,we hope forever!Yes now its not a long Time till we come to you and Brigitte and we are looking forward so much to see you all that cant believe nobody!Now Brigitte know that we want spend a Day together,i wrote her this and now we must know on which Day we will see us.What do you think is the best Time for our Date.Weekend?Maybe we can talk together about that in Skype next Weekend.Not this Weekend but next Weekend saturday?If you want please send me a Time do you like.Maybe you can talk with Brigitte about that if you see her the next Time.I love it like you to watch the olympic Games on tv and i like it how the American Athlete win one golden medal after the others,incredible!We are not so strong!This week sunday we make a Gardenparty in the Garden from Thomas Parents.I will make Pictures and send you some.I Hope the monthly Report is fast over for you and you have Great help again.I wish you a nice Day,send you many Hugs and Love and cant wait to see you and hold you finally in my Arms.Your friend Mandy and Thomas,he cant wait to give you a Big Kiss