Thursday, June 4, 2009

Two Days Down - The Rest of My Life to Go


(Written on Thursday, June 4 for Wednesday, June 3!) I actually managed to walk for 1/2 an hour today. Yesterday I walked for 15 minutes and thought I would die! I barely made it home. Today was better. I really enjoy walking through the neighborhood and seeing all the beautiful new homes they are building. I imagine myself living in those houses, having a beautiful room set up with all my knitting, scrapping, quilting and miscellaneous arts and craft supplies all set up. I won't have to worry about the basement flooding and taking away several thousands (yes, I said thousands!) of dollars of my supplies. What a dream!

I was a bit upset last night because my DH, who of course has more WW points than I do) was bragging about how he had 5 more points let. Too bad it wasn't 6 because he wanted to eat a piece of the apple pie (that's his only source of fruit!.) I barely had enough left to eat dinner, let alone a dessert. I used some of my 35 extra weekly points and had some fresh watermelon. It was delicious!!!

I love being in control of my eating habits now. I always felt like I was a train wreck waiting to happen; heart disease, diabetes, breast cancer - all the things that led to my dear Mother's death. It feels good to know that I'm eating all the right things and taking control of my life!

No comments: