Sunday, October 5, 2014

Another Weekend Gone by Too Fast!

Hi All,
I had a nice weekend. Worked a bit in the MIL's condo cleaning out some of her stuff. A bit sad for DH but something that needs to be done. Note to self; GET RID OF STUFF AND DON'T KEEP A LOT OF JUNK!!! As I've said before, my MIL was not one to keep stuff but there's still stuff that needs to be gone through. Oh well, at least we had some "quality" time together! Ha-ha!!!


Took a trip to the fabric store Saturday to buy some more fabric for Juanita's quilt. I had to put together the quilt backing before it gets quilted. I finished that this morning and was very happy to do so. You may think the "quilt" is done when the top has been completed. No, you have to prepare the backing and then have it actually quilted. Once it's quilted, you have to put the binding on. It's a process but I really enjoy it. I'm going to the quilter tomorrow night to choose the thread color and the design that I want to have quilted on it. That will be fun too! All in all, it's a lot of fun making a quilt. It may take a while to be quilted but I'm not in a big hurry.


Of course, since the quilt was completed, as much as I can do now, I had to do another project. I saw these fabric boxes on Facebook and decided to try to make one (or two!)  I cut out the fabric and batting Saturday and started the boxes today. They came out so cute! They're not hard and they're so adorable. I can see a lot of these in my future!















I also finished my latest baby quilt on Friday night. It's a pinwheel design and was very easy and fun to knit. It's all ready to go to some lucky little baby girl! Now I just need to find a baby girl! Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting the picture posted so I'll post it on FB.


Enough for tonight (my frustration level is very high at this point!)











No comments: